IF YOU WERE NOTIFIED BY ENVISION CREDIT UNION THAT YOUR PRIVATE INFORMATION WAS ACCCESSED/COMPROMISED IN AN AUGUST 2021 DATA BREACH, YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR PAYMENT AND CREDIT MONITORING SERVICES FROM A CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT
- A settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit against Envision Credit Union (“Envision” or “Defendant”) relating to a cyberattack against Defendant’s computer systems that occurred between August 5, 2021 and August 7, 2021 (the “Data Breach”). The computer systems affected by the Data Breach contained personal identifying information of certain individuals. The Plaintiffs claim that Defendant was responsible for the Data Breach and currently assert claims such as negligence, breach of implied contract, and breach of fiduciary duty. Defendant denies all of the claims.
- If your full name and other personally identifiable information was accessed during the Data Breach, you are included in this Settlement as a “Settlement Class Member.”
- The Settlement provides payments to Settlement Class Members who submit valid and timely claims for expenses, monetary loss and lost time arising from the Data Breach, and for credit monitoring and identity protection services. It also provides for equitable relief in the form of data security enhancements.
- Your legal rights are affected regardless of whether you do or do not act. Read the notice carefully.
|YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT|
|SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM||
This is the only way you can get payment or a code for credit monitoring services. However, in submitting a claim you will release your claims against Defendant.
DEADLINE: MAY 13, 2023
|EXCLUDE YOURSELF FROM THE SETTLEMENT||
You will not get any payment or credit monitoring from the Settlement, but you also will not release your claims against Defendant. This is the only option that allows you to be part of any other lawsuit against Defendant or related parties for the legal claims resolved by this Settlement.
DEADLINE: MARCH 14, 2023
|OBJECT TO THE SETTLEMENT||
You may ask the Court for permission for you or your attorney to speak about your objection at the Final Fairness Hearing.
DEADLINE: MARCH 14, 2023
You will not get any compensation or credit monitoring from this Settlement and you will give up certain legal rights. Submitting a claim form is the only way to obtain payment or credit monitoring from this Settlement.
- These rights and options—and the deadlines to exercise them—are explained in the Notice. For complete details, view the Settlement Agreement or call 1-833-906-3334.
- The Court in charge of this case still has to decide whether to grant final approval of the Settlement. Payments and other identified benefits will only be made after the Court grants final approval of the Settlement and after any appeals are resolved.